Thursday, March 03, 2005

BlackJack sucks, Poker is okay, Slots rule!

March 3rd, 2005

Okay, so I have three kinds of news to post about the recent and infamous Reno, Nevada expedition: Good, Bad, and Regular. Which would you like first?

Okay, here's the Regular News: I broke even at Poker. After three days of screwing my face up in intense concentration, after three days of staying up all night, after three days of hoping for that perfect hand...I only managed to break even on Poker. I guess you'd call that a success, if it wasn't for the bad news:

Bad News: I lost $40 at BlackJack. I know more about BlackJack than any other gambling game. I've read books, memorized strategies, weighed the odds...but nothing helps. The BlackJack gods hate me. I must have insulted BlackJack's cousin or something...Roulette?

GOOD NEWS: "Slots are boring" - or so I used to think. Until I won $225 this weekend. Suddenly, the slots have become the coolest game for me. It took only two quarters, one from Joe (the percussionist), and one of mine to get that sound that everybody hopes to hear (ding ding ding ding ...). Since it was my quarter, and Joe spun, we split the winnings down the middle: $112.50 each. Considering I was expecting to lose at least $60 during this trip, I think I came out pretty good. The hero has conquered Reno! Next up, Las Vegas!!!!

The rest of the trip was fun, too (except the bus ride...my right butt cheek still aches...seriously, it does). Besides drinking and gambling, I had a good time racing in the pool with Lauren and Britanie, and also playing water football with the brass/ww's. The arcade room had a pinball machine that was broken and let you play as long as you wanted. That turned out to be more addicting than actually gambling. The concert was okay, but our conductor sucks. Really sucks! I'd write more about this, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to swear on this blog.
Didn't really want to come back and get back to reality and responsibility and everything, but I guess all good things come to an end. Check back for another update soon, only at the WEBLOG AT THE END OF THE INTERNET!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home