Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sleep really IS important!

November 30th, 2006

The following is a true story. And it is funny.

Last night I slept for a grand total of ZERO seconds because I was completing my Bibliography paper and presentation.

That's not the funny part.

Here's the funny part.

After my presentation I was driving home, and decided to stop by the drive-through of Wienerschnitzel to get some extremely non-nutritious, yet extremely tasty, hot dogs. As I got to the drive-through intercom and was asked what I wanted by a Gilbert Gottfried-like voice, I said:

"Hi. Uh, I'd like four chili cheese dogs please."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the intercom.

"What was that again?" Gilbert Gottfried said.

"Uh. Four chili cheese dogs please?"

More silence.

Then with a rude tone, "What else do you want?"

I have no problems with rude tones at fast food restaurants. It's expected. They are working at Wienerschnitzel for five dollars and change an hour, after all (what's the minimum wage nowadays anyway?).

"I'd also like a large Sprite."

More silence. It seemed like whoever was taking the order was confused. This is also expected. They are working at Wienerschnitzel for five dollars and change an hour, after all.

Then, "Sir, we don't sell [garble garble garble]."

They don't sell what? I thought. They don't sell Sprite? I was about to tell them that whatever the equivalent of Sprite was, that would be fine, when Gilbert Gottfried said something that blew my mind.

"Sir. This is McDonalds."

Five seconds of utter confusion followed from my end. I looked around, and indeed, Gilbert Gottfried was correct. I was, in fact, at the McDonald's drive-through and not Wienerschnitzel's. Wienerschnitzel was about 50 yards farther down the street.

"Oh. Oh! Sorry! I'm just gonna...err...leave then." I we todd did. I sofa king we todd did.

I'm sure Gilbert Gottfried thought I was a complete moron. He shouldn't have been too surprised. I'm sure he meets people like me all the time. It's expected. He is working at Wienerschnitzel for five dollars and change an hour, after all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't even have to be sleep deprived to do this. Walk into a pizza hut and ask for a deep dish pizza. Or a Jack in the Box and ask for a global whopper.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home