Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Great American Collapse

June 28th, 2006

I've decided to name my left lung Lester...or Watson.

On the morning of June 18th, I woke up and told my dad, "Hey Dad...Happy Father's Day. I think I need to go to the hospital." Truly a great Father's Day gift on my part.

Half my left lung is collapsed due to a build up of fluid around my lung. The fluid "possibly" is a result of the human's response to the scarring and healing of the spleen. I was in the hospital...this time for only 3 days...and on the third day a pulmonologist stuck a long needle into my back, through my ribs, and drained 1 liter of fluid from the area around my lungs. It sounds like it's painful...but I'm hear to tell you: IT WAS PAINFUL! Now I'm at home, waiting for the fluid to either go down, or re-accumulate. If it re-accumulates I may have to have a "tap" again. Yes, the next two weeks of my life will be full of great fun and cheer! Yay!

But at least I get to name my left lung. Two names have piqued my interest, and...as I can't decide which name seems to suit a lung better...I've decided to have a poll. Anyone can vote, but remember that you can only vote once. No Cheating!!!


What should I name my left lung?
Lester
Watson


5 Comments:

Blogger Oob said...

Gus, DO get better soon.... again... or still....?

I bet right now you're wishing you were in the mountains swatting mosquitos the size of a wildabeast. Or scaring bullfrogs. Or getting rained on.

5:33 PM  
Blogger wind-up-bird said...

Lordy, Goose, you become a citizen and look what happens first thing.....

Take care, feel better, and please refrain from naming that other lung. As for this one though, I've tossed in my vote....

Be well! Now! :D

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herbert and Watson sound better

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. Frederick

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw...Adam suggests Frederick. had to do it anonymously. d'oh!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home