Saturday, April 23, 2005

The Billion Dollar Question...

April 23rd, 2005

I was watching an unmentionable TV show the other day (unmentionable because I'm embarrassed to admit that I was watching trash like that), and they were talking about what people would do if they had a billion dollars. A billion dollars is a LOT of money...you'd have to spend an insane amount of money each day for the rest of your life in order to even get to the halfway mark of spending it all. Since it's Saturday and I have nothing better to do, I've decided to spend some time and think about all the extravagant things I would buy if I had a billion dollars.

First thing's first, though. I'd take care of my family. Each of my siblings would receive 10 millions dollars...except my brother. He'll only get 5 million. Just kidding Jerry. My parents would get 50 million...and that's still probably not enough compensation for putting up with us all these years. A few close friends of mine would receive some hush hush money (hush hush because I don't want to get anybody jealous).

Okay, now I can get to the good stuff...

A PRIVATE ISLAND...$650,000. Private Islands are actually for sale all over the world, and range from a mere $25,000 to $22 million. I've done some research (googled a few times) and the one I've got my eye on is this one: Castle Island. It's a beautful Island just off the coast of Ireland. IT COMES WITH A CASTLE!!!

JAMES BONDS' CAR...$120,000. More specifically, it's called the Aston Martin V8 Vantage (2006). I know, I know, I can't drive it around my island. But I would keep it on the mainland and use it during my occasional secret missions.

A GRAND PIANO...$132,000. But not just any grand piano. This one was customized to look like the piano that Chopin (my favorite piano composer) used to play on. It's called the Bosendorfer Chopin Grand Piano. It may be a little pricy for a piano, but hey! i've got a billion dollars!!!

A SAIL BOAT...$1,700,000. I supposed I'll need something to get me to and from my secret James Bond missions in the mainland. This 257' Barkentine will do just fine.

BAGPIPES...$5,000. Yes, Bagpipes! Granted, I don't actually play the bagpipes. But I've always wanted to learn, but the price of bagpipes is always a put-offer. I like these Highland Bagpipes.

HORSES...$50,000. I don't know the first thing about horses. All I know is that they're awesome and I want to learn to ride a horse. And the best thing about getting horses is that I get to name them. So here they are, Storm Chaser and Shadow Dancer (I know, cheesy names...but it's MY dream not yours!).

I could add many more things...but that's all I'll put for now. Mainly because I'm hungry and chinese food suddenly seems much more enticing than writing in my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home