Saturday, April 02, 2005

Mom, when I grow up, I wanna be a Truck Driver

April 1st, 2005

After attending a career workshop today, I've decided to drop out of college, forget music, and dedicate my life to what I really love: Truck Driving. Finally, a career where I can make my own hours, wear flannel shirts, oil-spilled jeans, mountain shoes, and eat greasy truck stop food for the rest of my life!! And I would never have to shave. Truck drivers are encouraged to grow their beard, you know. I't's company policy. I could even name it "Dude", and talk to it all day long. It will be my best friend, one who doesn't criticize me, make fun of me, or stab me in the back. And Dude and I will travel the country...living the American Dream.

So I went to the student services building today and officially withdrew from the university. I haven't told Dr. Ericson, but I imagine he'll be upset that I'm not going to be a Teaching Assistant anymore. But come on! Who could pass up the opportunity to be a truck driver? I certainly couldn't. I invested the rest of my $2,000 which I was going to use for rent and enrolled myself in a truck driving course. Best thing I've ever spent money on. Truck Driving School, here I come, ready or not!!!

And as if you didn't already know: APRIL FOOLS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home