Saturday, March 04, 2006

Hey Seattle, can we borrow some rain?

March 4th, 2006

They said there was a good chance.

They said it would end.

They said there was hope.

They were wrong.

Today I wake up to find an almost clear sky. Again. There are a few clouds around, but they don't have a trace of gray in them, and they seem weak and puny. Where are the big bad wolf clouds? Where are the clouds that push the others away, grin down at the world below them and say, "Now you shall witness my true power!!"

Sometimes I wish that we were in a cartoon, that way I could squeeze the clouds like sponges and get rain out of them. Unfortunately, the best I can do is put on my sunglasses, take a deep breath and do my famous rain dance.

The record drought continues: 137 days without rain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

I like the picture :) I'll get back to posting as soon as this weekend is over. My recital is on Sunday. It'll be fine, I just need to get it over with :) Good luck with the rain dance!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home