Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm a NWS finalist!!

April 28th, 2005

Today was going like any other day: Practice, theory, class, lunch. But right after the Chinese Food (I went to a great little place called Wong's), I checked my e-mail and noticed a message from the New World Symphony. I auditioned for them in LA (my second blog entry "No Wonder the Lakers Suck", for those who want to read about it) about 2 months ago, and hadn't heard from them since. I had completely forgot about them. The subject of the message was "NWS audition results". I started to get excited. I opened the message and eagerly read the following:

"Dear Gustavo,

On Behalf of Michael Tilson Thomas and the staff of the New World Symphony, I want to thank you for auditioning. After reviewing your audition with the committee, I am pleased to inform you that you have been advanced to the finalist pool for the 2005-2006 season. Our policy is to limit the number of NWS finalists on any given instrument, so you are part of a select group of musicians.

Members of the finalist pool are the first players who will be called to "sub" as additional personnel to augment the orchestra for larger works or to replace musicians taking time off.

Any time you sub with the orchestra, NWS will provide air transportation, housing, and a stipend."


So yeah!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home