Saturday, May 14, 2005

All-American Picture Frenzy, Old Lady Drivers, and the Rogue Turtle

May 14th, 2005

My good friend Shona is going back to Scotland very soon. We're all going to miss her very much, and hope that she doesn't forget about us lowly peasants. She taught me quite a bit about speaking Scottish. What, you don't think there's a scottish language? Of course there is...examples: Hah-rree Pot-eh (Harry Potter), Scuh-tish (Scottish), Trousers (Pants), Mah-ee Mah-eend (My Mind). The list goes on. Next year I'm supposed to take one of the three major research foreign languages (Italian, French, or German), and I was sad that Scottish...excuse me, "Scuh-tish"...was not there. I may have to start a petition in order to get this on the list.

Speaking of phonetics, while I was GRADUATING two days ago, they gave us a card and told us to spell out our name phonetically on it. I can see how it could be useful for names like Xianjindao Quezaltepeque. But I think my name is pretty straight forward, unless someone's been living under a cow-boot and has never heard Spanish before. So anyway, this is how I spelled it, "Goose-Tah-Boh Kah-Mah-Tchoh". When I went on the stage and the name-calling-guy read my card, his face scrunched up and he gave me a weird look. But then he said it fine, which means he probably ignored my phonetic spelling. Good man!

And speaking of Shona leaving to Scotland and of GRADUATING, I was able to take a picture of my graduation thanks to the brand new digital camera (new to me, anyway) that Shona gave me. She said she already had a better one. I'm excited because this is the first time I've ever owned a camera, much less a digital one where I can take as many pictures as I want because I won't be wasting film. So I went on a picture taking frenzy for the past two days, and I've realized one thing: I'm a terrible photographer. But some came out okay.

you may now call me "MASTER" Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home