Monday, June 13, 2005

The Ultimate Road Trip Begins...

June 13th, 2005

I know, I know. I was supposed to leave earlier this morning, but due to circumstances beyond my control (okay, fine, it was nobody's fault but mine...everybody happy?) I had to stay up kind of late last night. So now I'm looking at a 2,000 mile course to tackle in 48 hours. Obviously, I'll have a driving buddy so that we can switch every 400 miles or so. But as all long trips go, this one has the potential to get reallllly tiring, unless I take stuff to do. So, without further ado, here are my top 5 favorite things to do on a long road trip:

1) Listen to music, of course. Preferably not from the radio, because when you're out in the middle of nowhere sometimes the only station you get is the Tejano station...you know which one I mean...the one with the tuba going "Pom...pom-pom-pom...pom-pom-pom...pom-pom-pom". Thankfully the car I'm going in has a CD player, so I have my collection of...mmm...20 CD's which I'm taking with me.

2) Sleep. On a long trip like this, the best thing to do when not driving is to prepare for your next turn driving, which means you have to rest and catch some winks...maybe dream of swimming in huge teacups filled with all kinds of different teas (right, Erynn?). Let your imagination run wild!!

3) Play the "Who am I?" game with your driving buddy. Pick a famous person...or I guess it could be anything (the rules are flexible if you're like me and make up everything)...and then the other person has 20 chances to ask you "yes/no" questions.

4) Play the...well, I don't know what it's called. You pick a letter of the alphabet and then take turns naming every word you can think of that starts with that letter. And if you get stuck, just make up a word and then say, "check the dictionary if you don't believe me". Chances are, there won't be a dictionary in the car, so nothing can be proven. The trick is to act outraged that someone would accuse you of cheating.

5) Stare into space.

Okay, I'm off in a few minutes. Remember kids...be cool, stay in school!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home